1.Where are you located?
Thermal Sheriff Station
86-625 Airport Blvd.
Thermal, CA 92274
Ph: (760) 863-8990
2.What are the office hours of the Coachella Police Department?
The regular business hours of the Police Department (Thermal Station) are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except on holidays. If you have an emergency, dial 911. For non-emergency calls, dial our dispatch at (760)836-3215.
3.How can I file a report?
You can file a report at the Thermal Station or you can call Dispatch and a Deputy will respond to your location. Some reports can also be filed online, click here to report a crime. Report a crime
4.How long before a police report is available and how do I obtain a copy?
It generally takes 10-15 days before a report is completed for distribution. This is due to the Internal report review, routine data input and filing processes. Please wait that time period before you call to obtain a copy of the report.
Parties entitled to reports must meet certain requirements.
- Proper Identification is required.
- You must be a party to the incident. The parent of an involved minor, attorney of record for the involved party, or the insurance agent of an involved party, to be eligible to receive a copy of the report.
- Suspect - reports can only be released (arrested or not) if the case has been adjudicated.
5.My vehicle was placed in storage- how do I obtain a release?
The registered owner is the only person who has access to the vehicle.
- A $140.00 VICR fee imposed by the City Of Coachella must be paid for release of vehicle unless the vehicle was impounded for 30 days, the waiting period must be honored.
- Once payment is received a receipt will be issued for release.
- Storage fees must be paid to towing agencies and registered owners must have a valid drivers license.
If your license is suspended, the registered owner must have two parties with valid drivers license. Vehicle registration must be current for release of vehicle from storage facilities, or you must obtain a 1-day DMV release.
6.How do I serve a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO)?
You should contact the Court Services Division of the Sheriff's Department in Thermal at (760) 863-8255. They will explain all the details of the TRO process. If you have a proof of service on a TRO that needs to be filed with the Coachella Police Department, you may bring the documents in during regular business hours and contact the office staff for further directions. Restraining orders and order after hearings must be court stamped and filed by the court prior to receiving documents.
7.When can I get fingerprinted for job applications, permits, etc?
Fingerprinting is handled through Live Scan. Please contact the station to make an appointment at (760) 863-8990.
8.How do I access the Megan's Law database to learn about registered sex offenders?
The data is available online. Please visit www.meganslaw.ca.gov for more information or review the database.
9.How do I get a traffic citation signed off by an officer?
Citations are signed off at the Thermal Station at 86-625 Airport Blvd between the hours of 8:00
am and 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday, no appointments necessary.
10.How do I obtain a records check/clearance letter?
Clearance letters can be obtained at the Thermal Station during regular business hours.
- Proper identification is required.
- Fee is required.
Clearance letters are issued for background checks or immigration purposes.