On September 8, 2010, the Coachella City Council approved the Community Based Grant Program Policy and Application Form.
The Policy defines guidelines and procedures for the distribution of municipal funds which will fund, in part, community service programs and activities, and educational activities conducted by non-profit organizations, schools, and school based organizations. The Policy encourages a goal of self-sufficiency for all nonprofit organizations that seek financial assistance from the City.
The Fiscal Year 2015-16 Budget includes an allocation of $15,000 for the Community Based Grant Program.
Below is a list of FY 2014-15 grant recipients:
- JFK Memorial Foundation- Ophelia Project
- Assistance League- Operation School Bell
- Angel Light Academy- Jr. Leader Program
- SunLine- 111 Music Festival
- Boys and Girls Club- Youth Community Service Program
- Raices Cultura- Empowering Woman of Color Conference in UC Berkeley
- Esperanza Youth and Family Center- Coastal Clean-up
Additional questions or information, please call (760) 398-3502 ext. 119 or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org